Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hot Rod (2007)


Let me start off by saying i love The Lonely Island guys, from The Bing Bong Brothers to Awesometown to the SNL Digital Shorts they produce, i think they are all hilarious. This movie Hot Rod was directed by Akiva Schaffer who is one of the Lonely Island guys along with Andy Samberg. This was also written by a normally very good writer, Pam Brady who wrote with Matt Stone and Trey Parker a lot. So what went wrong?

Well not much went wrong, it just to me felt like a waste of my time. Now i do not want to sit here and sound pretentious and say im better then watching a film like this because im not. This is coming from a guy who enjoys to watch Don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead and If Looks Could Kill. I love these films, but i just did not like it. I thought the script could have been a lot better then what it sounded like. They could have gone a lot further with the comedy. I expected a lot more from these guys, and i don't think they delivered at all.

5/10

No comments: